Exporting all received AIS or NMEA data to XML or text file. Tutorial.
If you need to export a lot of variables, forget about using a database. The reason is simple: A database table can contain only a limited number of columns, and many empty cells in each row make this method of data storage very inefficient.
Instead, we recommend writing data in the text format to a log file, or to an XML file.
Writing data to a text file
1. Enable the displaying of values in the application’s main window (Figure 1).
2. Turn on the writing of screen content to a log file.
Exporting data to an XML file
1. Enable the “Local database” data export module (Figure 3).
2. Configure XML file generation (Figure 4).
3. Specify any number of variables to be exported.