Sentron pac3200: MODBUS TCP Data Logging. Tutorial.
My goal is to read values from the "Sentron PAC 3200" power meter using the MODBUS/TCP protocol.
It is assumed that:
You have configured the communication settings (IP address, Subnet, Gateway, MODBUS TCP Protocol) on the device. You must assign a static IP address for the device.
1. Configure the TCP connection with the meter (fig. 1). The standard TCP port for MODBUS devices is 502. The IP address should be the same as you specified on your device. You may add several IP addresses here. All devices will be polled simultaneously.
2. Enable the "MODBUS/TCP" plugin (fig. 2).
3. Configure the "MODBUS/TCP" plugin by clicking the "Setup" button nearby (fig. 3).
4. Load the queue from the attached XML file by clicking "Action - Load" button. This queue allows to read first 50 values from the device, up to "Frequence".
5. Adjust the polling interval as you want.
6. If you just want to write the parsed data to a file then make the following changes:
7. If you need to write the parsed to Excel or a database then you may continue using links below: