My goal is to read data from a power inverter with MODBUS RTU or MODBUS/TCP.
It is assumed that:
You have configured the communication settings on the device:
1. Create a new configuration from the main window using the "Green Plus" button. Then configure the connection with your Sunspec-compatible device (fig. 1). This example shows the connection settings for MODBUS TCP. If your device uses MODBUS RTU, look here.
Fig. 1: IP connection settings
2. Click "OK," and save the connection settings. Now, the program saved and applied the communication settings, and you can continue configuring data logging.
3. Go to your configuration setting again (Main window - Options - Manage configurations - Modules - Query Parser Filter). Select the "MODBUS TCP" or "MODBUS RTU" plugin from lists. Then click the "Setup" button.
Fig. 2: Selecting the MODBUS plugin
4. Click "Action - Add Sunspec compatible device" (fig. 3).
Fig. 3: Adding a MODBUS device
5. Specify the device address (fig. 4).
Fig. 4: Entering a device address
5. The logger will start reading device information. If the operation completes successfully, you can select the necessary MODBUS registers from the showed list (fig. 5).
Fig. 5: Registers map
6. Adjust the polling interval as you want.
7. Click the "OK" button. The program adds one or more requests to the queue (fig. 6).
Fig. 6: MODBUS queue
8. Enable the "Export data for all requests at once" option (fig. 1).
This list is not complete, and we add new devices to it periodically:
SMA Solar Technology SUNNY BOY / SUNNY TRIPOWER
KOSTAL PIKO IQ / PLENTICORE plus
Ginlong Solis Inverters
Delta Electronics, Inc. Inverters
Schneider Electric Conext
ABB TRIO, US
Carlo Gavazzi VMU