1. Look through hint helps on all window elements - this will help you to get a picture of this element's function.
2. You can change all program settings without restarting the program. To transfer settings to another computer you can do the following:
on Windows x64
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\AGG Software\Advanced OPC Data Logger
on Windows x32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AGG Software\Advanced OPC Data Logger
3. On another computer import settings to the Windows registry.
Many main window elements have "hot" keys for quick access to its functions.
4. You can look at the summary statistic that contains summary about sent and received data, created files etc (View - Statistics)
5. You can save program settings to an INI file. It may help to install and use several copies of the program. You can make your choice from the "Options" menu.
6. The program window can display only last 10 message. The full program log file (if activated) you can open using the "File - View program protocol file" menu item.