Siemems Simatic S5,S7
4.0.36 build 1014. October 14, 2019.
The Multi-Point Interface – Siemens (MPI) is a proprietary interface of the programmable logic controller SIMATIC S7 of the company Siemens. It is used for connecting the stations programming (PC or personal computer), operator consoles, and other devices in the SIMATIC family.
Our plugin allows to exchange data with Siemens PLCs: S7-200, 300 and 400 families. It has also been successfully tested with a Speed7 CPU. It can be also used with S7-compatible PLCs from SAIA. It allows to read data from all memory areas and variables you can access in your PLC programs. For example flags, data blocks, input and output image memory, timers and counters.
- MPI for S7 300/400
- PPI for S7 200
- ISO over TCP
- ISO over TCP with CP243
- MPI with IBH NetLink MPI to ethernet gateway
This module has the following features:
- Can send valid data request to any S7-compatible device;
- CRC for each data packet will be calculated and verified automatically;
- Can poll PLC data by a custom interval;
- Can flexibly parse all received data packets and extract register's values.
Download | Documentation
How to enable this plugin
The figure below shows how to select the plugin on the "Modules" page.
Fig.1. Selecting the plugin.
How to configure the plugin
The figure below shows how to configure the plugin. Please, look at the documentation for the full description of all settings.
Fig.2. Configuring the plugin.