Sentron pac3200: MODBUS TCP Data Logging
Advanced TCP/IP Data Logger you can download here. Plugins can be downloaded separately here.
My goal is to read values from the "Sentron PAC 3200" power meter using the MODBUS/TCP protocol.
- Advanced TCP/IP Data Logger Professional, Enterprise, or trial version;
- The MODBUS registers map.
- For Sentron PAC 3200 the map is here.
- How to get a registers map for other popular power meters and configure data logging you may read here.
It is assumed that:
You have configured the communication settings (IP address, Subnet, Gateway, MODBUS TCP Protocol) on the device. You must assign a static IP address for the device.
1. Configure the TCP connection with the meter (fig. 1). The standard TCP port for MODBUS devices is 502. The IP address should be the same as you specified on your device. You may add several IP addresses here. All devices will be polled simultaneously.
Fig. 1 TCP connection
2. Enable the "MODBUS/TCP" plugin (fig. 2).
Fig. 2 MODBUS/TCP plugin
3. Configure the "MODBUS/TCP" plugin by clicking the "Setup" button nearby (fig. 3).
Fig. 3 MODBUS/TCP queue.
4. Load the queue from the attached XML file by clicking "Action - Load" button. This queue allows to read first 50 values from the device, up to "Frequence".
5. Adjust the polling interval as you want.
6. If you just want to write the parsed data to a file then make the following changes:
Fig. 4 Data view mode
Fig. 5 Log file settings
7. If you need to write the parsed to Excel or a database then you may continue using links below:
MODBUS RTU, MODBUS ASCII, MODBUS/TCP