MODBUS RTU, MODBUS TCP, MODBUS ASCII data query and parser
4.0.61 build 517. May 17, 2019.
MODBUS is a serial communications protocol for use with its programmable logic controllers (PLCs). Simple and robust, it has since become a de facto standard communication protocol, and it is now a commonly available means of connecting industrial electronic devices.
Advanced Serial Data Logger's MODBUS RTU/ASCII and MODBUS TCP plugin can work in two modes::
- Data query and parser - the plugin sends MODBUS requests and process the responses. In this mode the program operates in the Master mode;
- Data parser only - in this mode the plugin waits for responses only. For example, it can work in parallel with other MODBUS master or in the "Spy" mode.
This module has the following features:
- Can send valid data request to any MODBUS-compatible device;
- Can send request with any MODBUS function;
- CRC for each data packet will be calculated and verified automatically;
- Can request bytes, word, double words and single registers;
- Can poll MODBUS data by a custom interval;
- Can flexibly parse all received data packets and extract register's values.
The tutorials section contains several examples how to configure and use this plugin.
Download | Documentation