Exporting AIS data to a database
The AIS data are exported slightly differently from the NMEA data.
1. Select the packet types that contain the AIS data (Figure 1).
Figure 1: AIS data packets
2. Disable data aggregation (Figure 12).
Figure 2: Disable data aggregation
3. The AIS data stream contains a lot of data, and the number and names of variables are not known beforehand. Therefore:
- The active items list in the “DDE Server” dialog box may contain tons of variables.
- Write down the names of variables that you need, because they will not be present in the dropdown list in the data export module.