Export all received AIS or NMEA data to XML or a text file
If you need to export a lot of variables, forget about using a database. The reason is simple: A database table can contain only a limited number of columns, and many empty cells in each row make this method of data storage very inefficient.
Instead, we recommend writing data in the text format to a log file or an XML file.
Write data to a text file
1. Enable the displaying of values in the application’s main window (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Data output mode
2. Turn on the writing of the screen content to a log file.
Figure 2: Data output to a log file
Export data to an XML file
1. Enable the "Local database" data export module (Figure 3).
Figure 3: Select a data export module
2. Configure XML file generation (Figure 4).
Figure 4: Configure data output to an XML file
3. Specify any number of variables to be exported.
Figure 5: The list of exported variables