Ideal tools for energy audits, the Advanced Serial Data Logger and Advanced TCP/IP Data Logger software can capture kWh/kW energy and demand data as well as virtually all relevant energy parameters for diagnostics and monitoring. Both programs support three-phase or single-phase MODBUS-compatible power and energy meters.
The Windows-based computer can log an unlimited amount of data in a database. A simple SQL query can tell you how much power is being consumed by various household electronics and large scale multi-circuit power meters. You can monitor multiple independent loads without having to purchase expensive energy monitors.
Our data loggers can export data from power meters to Excel in real-time. So, you may do a simple analysis of your energy data there.
Our power data loggers support a wide variety of power meters and power analyzers, including three-phase, single-phase devices.
What data can the logger read from power meters?
The basic data set of a simple power meter includes:
- Energy meter's current data (ampers, volts, frequency, power factor, etc.).
- Energy data (active and reactive energy).
Advanced power meters can also provide more parameters.
- Demand energy.
- Apparent energy.
- Power quality parameters for several harmonics.
- When you need our data loggers?
- You want to integrate different power meters or energy meters into one system.
- You need a simple power measurement solution in your office (the logger + Excel).
- You do not know programming and other specialized power monitoring systems.
How to start read data from your power meter?
- Connect your meter to a computer using MODBUS RTU or MODBUS TCP (tutorial).
- Follow our tutorial for the corresponding power meter or power analyzer type.
- Configure the export of your power meter data to Excel or a database (tutorial).