Writing data to a CSV text file
Download a Free Trial Version. It allows you to try all features! Plugins can be downloaded separately here
We should create other ASCII file with different structure in
the CSV format.
It is assumed that:
You've prepared parser items for export.
For this tutorial all items were prepared in the previous part.
All parser items are ready for export. Now we should configure the Local database plug-in. This process is very simple.
Please, open the configuration window of the Local database plug-in (fig. 2) by selecting the module in the list and clicking the "Setup" button on the "Data export" tab (fig. 1).
Fig.1. Local Database plugin.
Fig.2. CSV export. Selecting a database type.
- Select a database type at the field #1,
- In the field #2 specify a path, where new files
will be created
- In the
field #3 specify a file name prefix
- Configure parameters of your CSV file with the group of options #4. All options in this group are optional. You may use default values.
On the "Data formats" page you
can specify a data format of your data. Because all our variables are with
the "string" data type, then we don't need to change format options. On the "Columns order" page (fig.2) you can specify,
how variables will be placed in a spreadsheet. Because we need 2
variables only, therefore, we need to create 2 items on this page by clicking
the "Add item" button (fig.2, pos.5).
Fig.2. CSV export. Columns order options.
Before adding an item the program will ask you about an item
description. You can type any characters here, which will help you to remember
a variable's content.
Each data export item has following properties:
- Parser item name - it is a parser variable name, which we specified in the parser module. You may select a variable
name from a drop-down box, which appears by clicking on a link of this
- Column order - it's a position of a variable in a spreadsheet.
A minimum value is 1;
- Column length - it's a column width. This options are not
required in our case, because we are using a delimited CSV file;
- Data type - the module will use this type for formatting a value.
Now, please, click the "OK" button and close the configuration
window of the "Local database" plug-in. The click the "OK" button in the options window.
Ok. All settings had been configured and we are now ready for capturing barcodes.