Sentron pac3200: MODBUS TCP Data Logging
Download a Free Trial Version. It allows you to try all features! Plugins can be downloaded separately here
My goal is to read values from the "Sentron PAC 3200" power meter using the MODBUS/TCP protocol.
- Advanced Serial Data Logger Professional, Enterprise, or a trial version;
- The MODBUS registers map.
- The map for Sentron PAC 3200 is here.
- How to get a registers map for other popular power meters and configure data logging you may read here.
It is assumed that:
You have configured the communication settings (IP address, Subnet, Gateway, MODBUS TCP Protocol) on the device. You must assign a static IP address for the device.
1. Configure the TCP connection with the meter (fig. 1). The standard TCP port for MODBUS devices is 502. The IP address should be the same as you specified on your device. You may add several IP addresses here. All devices will be polled simultaneously.
Fig. 1 TCP connection
2. Enable the "MODBUS/TCP" plugin (fig. 2).
Fig. 2 MODBUS/TCP plugin
3. Configure the "MODBUS/TCP" plugin by clicking the "Setup" button nearby (fig. 3).
Fig. 3 MODBUS/TCP queue.
4. Load the queue from the attached XML file by clicking "Action - Load" button. This queue allows reading the first 50 values from the device, up to "Frequency".
5. Adjust the polling interval as you want.
6. If you wish to write the parsed data to a file, then make the following changes:
Fig. 4 Data view mode
Fig. 5 Log file settings
7. If you need to write the parsed data to Excel or a database, you may continue using links below:
MODBUS RTU, MODBUS ASCII, MODBUS/TCP
- MODBUS power meter data logging (easy method)
- Sunspec-compatible MODBUS power meters, inverters (easy method)
- MODBUS RTU/TCP polling: Configuring master station (MODBUS RTU, MODBUS TCP, requests, response items).
- MODBUS poll: How to make sure that the application sends requests and receives responses?
- MODBUS poll: How to view register values, not raw MODBUS packets?
- MODBUS polling: How to make sure that the application correctly interprets the responses received from the device?
- MODBUS polling: How to view MODBUS register values in a more easy-to-grasp form (graphs, indicators, etc.)?
- MODBUS: How to combine the data of two requests?
- MODBUS: What is the right way to poll multiple devices?
- Controlling PLC coil registers status using MODBUS TCP (MODBUS data parser, custom scripts, events generating, and handling).
- MODBUS to MSSQL: Write MODBUS registers to separate columns
- MODBUS to MySQL: Write MODBUS values to the MySQL database
- MODBUS to a database: Writing MODBUS RTU/TCP values to a database
- Sentron PAC 3200: MODBUS TCP Data Logging
- Write data to a MODBUS device
- SQL to MODBUS: Send data from a SQL database to MODBUS.